Joseph Waring Blog: How is chip shortage affecting US? Huawei reported brisk year-on-year profit and revenue growth in 2018 despite mounting concerns about the security of its network gear and a dip in revenue from its carrier group, which accounted for nearly half of overall business in 2017.The company’s net profit in 2018 jumped 25.1 per cent to CNY59.3 billion ($8.8 billion), with overall revenue increasing 19.5 per cent to CNY721 billion. The figure is more than double the amount Huawei generated in 2014.Huawei’s rotating chairman Guo Ping (pictured) in early January announced preliminary revenue figures that increased 21 per cent year-on-year, so today’s official announcement is just shy of that number.The sales growth was driven by its Consumer Business, which increased 45.1 per cent year-on-year to CNY349 billion to take over as its largest division. Carrier Business revenue slipped 1.3 per cent to CNY294 billion, with the unit’s share of total turnover dropping to 40.8 per cent from 49.3 per cent the previous year.In a statement, Guo said the company will continue to strictly comply with all relevant standards to build secure, trustworthy and high-quality products: “As we work towards this goal, we have been explicitly clear: cybersecurity and user privacy protection are at the absolute top of our agenda.”“The easiest way to bring down a fortress is to attack it from within. And the easiest way to reinforce it is from outside. Moving forward, we will do everything we can to shake off outside distractions, improve management and make progress towards our strategic goals.”Huawei is locked in battle with the US over the country’s moves to block operators and goverment departments from using the vendor’s equipment on the grounds it poses a risk to national security. Huawei strenously denies the assertion and initiated legal action earlier this month.Smartphone strengthIn 2018 the vendor shipped 206 million Huawei and Honor smartphones, up 35 per cent from 2017. The company said shipments of the P20 exceeded 16 million units in 2018.Revenue in its Enterprise Business increased 23.8 per cent to CNY74.4 billion.The company recorded double-digit growth in the four major regions it operates in, with EMEA leading with a 24.3 per cent year-on-year increase to CNY205 billion. It attributed the increase to growing sales of high-end and mid-range smartphones, a growing share of the smartphone market and the accelerated pace of digital transformation in its enterprise division.Revenue in Americas rose 21.3 per cent to CNY47.9 billion; China was up 19.1 per cent to CNY372 billion; and Asia Pacific grew 15.1 per cent to CNY81.9 billion. China continued to account for roughly half of total sales.It invested 14.1 per cent of revenue, or CNY101.5 billion, in R&D during the year.The company said it signed more than 30 commercial contracts for 5G and shipped more than 40,000 5G base stations worldwide as of end-February. Subscribe to our daily newsletter Back Author earningsHuawei El fundador de Huawei propugna una transición hacia el software Home Huawei profit jumps despite dip in carrier business Tags AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 29 MAR 2019 Joseph Waring joins Mobile World Live as the Asia editor for its new Asia channel. Before joining the GSMA, Joseph was group editor for Telecom Asia for more than ten years. In addition to writing features, news and blogs, he… Read more FCC mulls expanded Huawei, ZTE bans Previous ArticleTcell moves into Tajikistan mobile paymentsNext ArticleSony shutters Beijing handset factory Español Related
Google+ WhatsApp Facebook By News Highland – February 25, 2020 DL Debate – 24/05/21 News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Pinterest Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Previous articleStrabane businesses urged to sign up for Enterprise WeekNext articleWoman’s body recovered from River Foyle News Highland Pinterest Twitter Google+ Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Investigations are continuing after two cars were set alight in Dungloe at the weekend.The incident happened in the early hours of Saturday morning last just after 4.20am.The driver’s window in both cars had been smashed and the interior was set alight.Three males were observed running from the scene. Gardaí are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time and who may have observed anything that would assist them, particularly taxi drivers who may have had dash cam footage.Gardai in Milford are investigating, anyone with information is being urged to contact them 074-9153060 or the Garda Confidential line number is 1800 666 111. Homepage BannerNews Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Investigations continuing after two cars set alight in Dungloe Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook
We’ll send you our regular newsletter and include you in our monthly giveaways. PLUS, you’ll receive our exclusive Rider Fitness digital edition with 15 exercises for more effective riding. More from Horse Sport:Christilot Boylen Retires From Team SportAfter an exemplary career as one of Canada’s top Dressage riders, seven-time Olympian Christilot Boylen has announced her retirement from team competition.2020 Royal Agricultural Winter Fair CancelledFor only the second time in its history, The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair has been cancelled but plans are being made for some virtual competitions.Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Statement on 2020 EventAs the Province of Ontario starts to reopen, The Royal’s Board and staff will adhere to all recommendations put forward by government and health officials.Government Financial Assistance for Ontario FarmersOntario Equestrian has recently released this update of several financial assistance packages available, including those for farm business. Horse Sport Enews Email* Subscribe to the Horse Sport newsletter and get an exclusive bonus digital edition! SIGN UP Great Britain’s Charlotte Dujardin and the 10-year-old Dutch warmblood gelding Valegro, double Olympic gold medallists at London 2012, have taken over as world number one in the FEI World Individual Dressage Rankings and are the first British combination ever to top the world rankings.With 2,867 points, the combination have moved up from second place to claim the top spot, seven points clear of former world number one and London silver medallists Adelinde Cornelissen (NED) and Jerich Parzival, the Dutch pair that have led the rankings since July 2011.The British combination moved up from fourth to second in the rankings list published just before the Olympic Dressage Grand Prix, the first team qualifier on 2 August, and it was their performances at the London Games that have boosted them to the top of the rankings.The 27-year-old Dujardin and Valegro led the British to a historic Olympic team gold in London’s Greenwich Park arena and then came out to produce an unforgettable Grand Prix Freestyle, performing to music from The Great Escape and the James Bond film Live And Let Die for the winning mark of 90.089. Dujardin, who competed in her first Grand Prix only last year, has been teamed up with Valegro since she joined team-mate Carl Hester’s stable as a groom in 2007.“It is fantastic to see Great Britain’s Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro leading the Dressage Rankings after their incredible performance in Greenwich Park,” said Trond Asmyr, FEI Director Dressage and Para-Equestrian Dressage.“The pair have been key to helping Great Britain re-write Dressage history and have highlighted the fact that the sport is in an exciting period of change, with lots of new faces now in the mix.“Charlotte’s natural talent and her partnership with the hugely successful Carl Hester mean that she is a valuable driving force for future generations of Dressage riders.”Germany continues to dominate the FEI World Individual Dressage Ranking, with Helen Langehanenberg and Damon Hill NRW now the highest-placed of the five German pairs occupying slots in the coveted top ten 10. With 2,626 points, they have taken third place from Great Britain’s London bronze medallists Laura Bechtolsheimer and Mistral Hojris, who are now in fourth with 2,591 points.Biggest movers in the latest FEI World Individual Dressage Rankings are Steffen Peters (USA) and Ravel, who have moved up from 192nd to 16th, and Edward Gal (NED) and Glock’s Undercover, who have gone up from to 198th place to 17th.View the latest FEI World Individual Dressage Rankings here. Tags: Adelinde Cornelissen, Charlotte Dujardin, Jerich Parzival, Valegro, FEI World Individual Dressage Rankings,
Former members of Kung Fu, Particle, Dopapod and Gramatik have formed a supergroup dubbed the Ex-Presidents. The ex-members — Todd Stoops (ex-Kung Fu), Eric Gould (ex-Particle), Neal Evans (ex-Dopapod) and Andrew Block (ex-Gramatik) will play together at Backwoods Pondfest in Peru, NY, August 7-8.Backwoods Pondfest will also see sets from Lucid, Particle, Spiritual Rez, Pigeons Playing Ping Pong, Sophistafunk, Normal Instruments and more. Get tickets and more info here.