Francis Kong, Jason Magbanua headline ‘The School for the Passionate, New Bold U 2020’ MANILA, Philippines–Magnolia used a massive second quarter and used it as cushion the rest of the way to overpower NorthPort, 96-80, and get its title-retention bid back on track in the nightcap of Friday’s PBA Governors’ Cup games at the Big Dome.ADVERTISEMENT Chris Ross blessed to be part of SEA Games pool, hopes to live up to expectations LOOK: Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 3 takes you straight to hell with a Music Video and First Look-Images View comments Huge sinkhole swallows bus, kills six in China Magnolia’s return to winning form gives the blue-collar squad and their foes an identical 1-1 card.The reigning conference champions take on Rain or Shine next, while NorthPort seeks to bounce back against Columbian in matches both slated for next week.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Negros Occidental gov’t, church call for prayers for safety of Taal evacuees Taal Volcano eruption: House to develop rehab plan for Batangas, Cavite, Laguna Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball PLAY LIST 02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball02:43Philippines make clean sweep in Men’s and Women’s 3×3 Basketball06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold01:04Daybreak as smoke, ash billows from Taal volcano01:05Poor visibility, nakaapekto sa maraming lugar sa Batangas03:028,000 pulis sa Region 4-A, tuloy ang trabaho03:57Phivolcs, nahihirapan sa komunikasyon sa Taal01:04Sold-out: Stores run out of face masks after Taal spews ash01:45Iran police shoot at those protesting plane shootdown MOST READ ‘People evacuated on their own’ LOOK: Taal Volcano island 2 days after eruption Ian Sangalang delivered 28 big points off the bench to lead the charge, while import Romeo Travis added 17 and Mark Barroca 16 points in the Hotshots’ entry into the Governors’ Cup win column.“We just learned a lot from our first game,” Magnolia mentor Chito Victolero told reporters, lauding his charges’ steady performance that began in the second frame where they broke away for 22 points.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSAndray Blatche has high praise for teammate Kai SottoSPORTSBig differenceSPORTSAlmazan status stays uncertain ahead of Game 4“Whatever we experienced in the [conference-opener], we brought to tonight’s game,” he added.Mychal Ammons and Kevin Ferrer both had 18 points for the BatangPier, but couldn’t get help the team regain their bearings when it mattered most. LATEST STORIES Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. No need to wear face masks in Metro Manila, says scientist
South Africa have accused an Australian TV station of harassing captain Faf du Plessis after a reporter was involved in a physical confrontation with a team security guard at Adelaide Airport on Monday.Du Plessis has been charged with ball-tampering by the International Cricket Council (ICC) during the second Test in Hobart, which South Africa won to clinch the series with a match to spare. (South Africa show solidarity with captain Du Plessis)A statement from team manager Dr Mohammed Moosajee on Monday said the Australian media, and Channel 9 in particular, had been advised that Du Plessis could not comment on the matter until a hearing was held.Moosajee said the South Africans were therefore disappointed that Channel 9 had “blatantly ignored” their “media protocol” both at the team hotel in Melbourne over the weekend and when the squad arrived at Adelaide airport on Monday.TV pictures showed a Channel 9 reporter trying to push his way past South Africa officials and players to ask Du Plessis for comment, as one of his colleagues had in Melbourne over the weekend. (Faf du Plessis charged with ball tampering)”This is the third incident of a reporter aggressively harassing our players with blatant disrespect of the above-mentioned media protocol,” said the statement.”The ‘reporter’ at the airport disrespected us and continued to harass Faf for comment. The ‘reporter’ was also in the unusual position of being in the middle of the players walkway to the bus.”He was advised to move three times, and did not adhere to this request. The ‘reporter’, who also had no official accreditation, then proceeded to lunge towards Faf with an unknown object causing a direct breach of security protocol.”advertisementTV pictures showed the “unknown object” to be the reporter’s microphone, which was knocked out of his hand as the security guard shoved him several times before bundling him towards a glass door.Du Plessis is likely to play in the third Test, a day-nighter which starts at Adelaide Oval on Thursday, pending the hearing. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge.